Friday, September 11, 2009

9/11


Today marks the 8th year anniversary of the worst thing that has ever happened in our lives. Looking back its amazing that everyone I talked to about 9/11 can remember exactly what they were doing at that specific moment when those terrorists crashed into the WTC's. For me I was on my way to class when I heard the news. I think what makes this country so strong is that even at our most vulnerable moment we rise to the occasion. We here at DW discuss athletes and their heroic performances on the field, but nothing will ever compare to the heroic acts that the fire fighters and police have done on that day. They have risked their lives to help save their fellow citizens. This is a very somber day in America and throughout the world. No one will ever forget what happened 8 years ago, and our prayers go out to the victims and their families. May they all rest in peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment