Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Too Late to Tinker?

Tonight is Game 6 and I have already notified my boss that I am finished working for the day, and if things work out as planned, the week. I know the popular phrase these days is over-managing… but what are the thoughts on this?

Andy Petitte had success against the lefties last time around. What do you think about hitting Utley 2nd, Werth 3rd and Victo 5th. Utley will hit no matter where he is slotted and Werth proved to be Petitte’s daddy last time out. I cannot imagine that they would pitch around the lefty killing Werth to get to Howard but I could if he was hitting in front of Raul. Victo at 5 only to separate Howard and Raul.

Ok as I was putting this together I noticed High Cheese had the same thought.

Either way..

Thoughts? Over-managing or make the change? What would you do?

Cholly already said he is not switching the lineup but lucky for us... me and him are boys. I'll give him a call.


1 comment:

  1. I am not a big fan of changing the lineup around. This is the lineup that got you where you are, so there is no need to change it now. Each spot in the order tends to see different pitches, and I think that everyone is comfortable where they are now. By changing the lineup you are going to get guys out of sinc, because now they will see different pitches in different situations. If you go from hitting behind Howard to in front, that makes a world of difference. Werth has to stay in that 5 hole, and Utley does not need to go anywhere at this point. He is hot in three spot, so keep him there.

    This team is good enough to beat the Yankees the way they are. There is no need to start changing things in Game 6 of the World Series.

    ReplyDelete