Sunday, December 27, 2009

Eagles-Broncos: The Return of #20


Honestly, I don't even give a sh*t that Brian Dawkins is coming back to the Linc. I loved him as an Eagle as much as the next guy, and he is obviously one of the greatest Eagles of all-time, but the fact of the matter is that he is on the Denver Broncos now. There is nothing we can do about it. Move on. With that said, it will be sweet to see him get a rousing ovation from the Philly crowd. More on the game after the jump.

The Broncos come into town 8-6 on the season and currently holding the wildcard playoff spot in the AFC. The Eagles sit at 10-4 with a playoff spot locked up and the #2 seed in their sights. The Broncos, once 6-0, have lost their last two games, including a 20-19 stinker to the Oakland Raiders. The Birds are sitting on a five-game winning streak, and their high powered offense has been impressive throughout the run. Doc and I disagree on this, but I don't feel like the Broncos offense will be able to keep up with the Eagles this week. I understand the Birds defense has shaky lately, but come on, Kyle Orton is Denver's QB. My prediction: Eagles 30 Broncos 13.

No comments:

Post a Comment