Tuesday, July 21, 2009

T-Minus 5 Days...

Less than one week - July 27th to be exact - until practice begins for rookies and selected veterans at the Lehigh campus.  I’m pumped. I know the Phillies are the hottest team in baseball right now, and God bless them, but how can you not get excited for football season? I’m not going to turn this into a season preview, just making sure everyone is ready for camp next week.  There is a lot to get psyched for in the coming season: new playmaking rookies, a new Pro Bowl tackle, a happy/healthy Donovan, DeSean Jackson’s 2nd year and much more.  I can’t wait for the season to get underway, let’s pray for a swift, injury-free preseason. What are you most looking forward to in the 2009 season?  Let’s hear your thoughts…

 

 

1 comment:

  1. I still have some concerns about the O-line, but I like what they did bringing in Andrews brother and his roommate. I wouldn't mind inviting Runyan to camp to battle one of the Andrew sisters. I think Weaver will be an upgrade over the lineman, who played fullback last year. I hated curtis last year but if he is healthy he is a big help at WR.

    Jim Johnson is a concern on Defense...There are a couple of good battles with Demps against Jones replacing Dawk and maybe Sheldon and Hobbs. I would like to see one of the Notre Dame guys (Abirimiri and Laws) on the D-line step up. Howard was very good last year but not sure if he's got that in him again. LB's were decent last year but I still think they are a bit of a weakness.

    I would play Kolb as much as possible in the preseason so that he doesn't sht himself in a real game if he gets the chance. Maybe he will even play well and the birds can trade him for a decent draft pick like they did for Feeley a few years back.

    On paper, I think its them and the Giants in the NFC.

    ReplyDelete