Wednesday, August 26, 2009

PSU to Play at FedEx in 2010


Penn State and Indiana announced today that the teams will meet at FedEx Field in Washington, D.C. on November 20th next season. It will be a home game for Indiana. This has to be one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. Why would IU want to play a "home" game in a city where their opponents have an enormous fan base?

Penn State athletic director Tim Curley said in a statement. "This game will provide a great chance for some of our players to play close to home and for our fans and the more than 40,000 Penn State alumni in Maryland, Virginia, Delaware and Washington, D.C. to see the Nittany Lions play in person."


I guess Indiana could care less about giving up home-field advantage. I would be pretty pissed if I were a Hoosier football fan...not that Hoosier football fans exist or anything, I'm just saying. Whatever, I'll be there.



1 comment:

  1. Yeah Larry Johnson owns Maryland recruiting. Makes no sense it would be IU's home game. I'll take it and I'll be there...and I'll thank Daniel Snyder for being owner of the redskins - bum

    ReplyDelete