Friday, September 25, 2009

Trotter Back in Green?

What’s that smell? Is it desperation? I think it might be. 

I don’t think anyone saw this coming…ESPN is reporting that the Eagles brought Jeremiah Trotter in for a workout yesterday to see if he’s in any kind of playing shape.  Yes, the same Jeremiah Trotter who hasn’t played football in over a year, and yes, the same Jerimiah Trotter who couldn’t make the 49ers squad last year.  I don’t know what to make of this move, but it’s obvious that Andy Reid has no faith in Omar Gaither or Joe Mays, both of whom have not been particularly impressive this season.  Maybe the Birds are looking to fill a leadership void on the defensive side of the ball, you know, since B-Dawk was too old to play on this team after last season – geniuses.  Ax-Man back in Philly…what do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I think it is more of a depth move if it happens. No, its not a good move unless its as a mentor to Mays or Gaithier. What is Mays' status? I thought I heard he is hurt worse than they thought.

    ReplyDelete